Thursday, May 31, 2012

Buon compleanno Morgan e Heather!!!

Buongiorno cara famiglia mia!
Castelsardo, Sardegna, Italy

Well we got transfer calls and Anziano Hill is out! We got calls on the train Saturday heading to a city by the coast called Porto Torres. Anziano Hill is going to Bitonto, a small city outside of Bari in Puglia (if the boot of Italy had a spur that's where it would be more or less). He will be serving with Anziano Bradshaw, the guy who took my spot in Olbia after I left. My new companion with be Anziano Hopper, who is about two transfers away from finishing the mission. I don't know much about him but I'm really excited to have a companion much older than me in the mission because it is my goal to get into the habit of speaking only Italian. I hope he is down for it! Anziano Schwing is a beast, this transfer he is branch president again, and training, and even district leader! I think that's the craziest amount of jobs that a missionary could have! Right now we are waiting here in Sassari for our new companions to come in tomorrow. 

This week has been great! A little crazy with getting Anziano Hill ready to go because he has a very long trip to take! Since he's been here for seven months about we spent a lot of time saying goodbye to people, including members. I'll give a little update on how investigators are doing:

Adhemar is going through a bit of a tough time right now, but as far as the gospel goes he is making great progress. As far as the gospel goes Adhemar finally has a testimony of the Book of Mormon. He said with strength, "This book is true", which have been the words I've been waiting for for months. When Fratello Murgia began investigating the Church, near to the same age as Adhemar, his wife wanted nothing to do with it. He said that all he could do and all he did was pray for her and his family, and four years later she was baptized. I think this really helped Adhemar and gave him comfort, especially because he probably feels so alone. In this journey he is taking. Except, that is, for his niece Margherita!

Margherita unfortunately couldn't come to church again, but she is still making progress with her reading in the Book of Mormon. It turns out that her mom wants to come with her to church to rightfully see what it's like before her daughter frequents, and so when her mom is busy she can't come. We pray that she'll finally come this next week though because her and Adhemar can definitely sustain and support each other. At least Adhemar is making a great habit of coming to church now and he loves Gospel Principles so much!

Salim is progressing, Javier is extremely busy with work until June, and Maddalena went down to Cagliari for a few months, but we gave her as a referral to the sister missionaries. I think they could do great work with her and Maddalena might like the difference with female missionaries. There is definitely a special spirit about sister missionaries and they are great!

Speaking about sister missionaries I have a good feeling that we might be getting an awesome new investigator soon. I mentioned in our telephone call about a member here who is twenty years old, but isn't baptized because her father is contrary to the church due to his beliefs as a Muslim. Well Sunday night we as missionaries in our district put on a music fireside of the first lesson for our investigators and members. Well this sister came and she approached me and mentioned something about our birthdays because hers is coming up soon too on June 5th. She shared that she wants to serve a mission so bad, but can't until she is baptized, obviously. About a year ago she had a baptismal date but things didn't go through. She expressed the desire to try again so hopefully we can work with her and the heart of her father will be softened. Miracles!

I want to share a huge miracle story real fast. The wonderful lady Lorenza who invited us over for Easter from our English course was really sad last night. A little back story, I have been praying so hard to find a way to begin teacher her, and my prayer was answered. I asked her what was wrong because she is such a happy and joyful person, so it is strange to see her like that. She shared that her cousin had just died at forty years old. It was really sad and throughout the course the only thought in my mind was to invite her to hear the lessons. I pulled her aside after and told her if we could share our beliefs on what happens after our physical death this Thursday after English course because I know it can give her comfort. She simply smiled and said, "willingly." It was such a huge answer to months worth of prayers, night and day, and know the Lord has opened this door! He truly listens to our prayers and uses His perfect timing and judgement to do His marvelous works with man.

That's the sum up for the week! Thank you all so much for the packages and cards (that I can't open until Friday of course!) I love you all so much! I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan (AND HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY MO-MO!), I love you Brooke, I love you Heather (AND HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO! THIS TIME IT'S MY BIRTHDAY ABOUT 9 HOURS BEFORE YOU-HA HA), and I love you Greg. Vi voglio una galassia di bene! In bocca al lupo per queste esame e per la fine di scuola! 

Con affetto,

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment