Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Less than 2 weeks until Italy!!!

Dear Family,

Hey guys! How are you?! Thank you so much for the package (the cookies are fantastic by the way). It was nice to have some IBC root beer too before I leave... IN TWO WEEKS!!! I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday that I was a scared little Elder with a nice bright orange "dork-dot" on my name tag! Now I'm almost out of here! I'm really going to miss the MTC though; my teachers, my branch presidency, my friends.. But I'm soon going to embark on the real part of my mission, which is bringing the Message of the Restoration to the people of Italy! Wow, I can't wait, but I need to take it one day at a time and continue to work hard so I don't get trunky!

Dad- I'm glad work is good! Sounds like you're just "tackling" this new principle gig with ease, and using your strong leadership skills to make your school a better learning environment for the kids there. Also, I've been hearing some rumors about NASA being shut down..? I was wondering if I could get some details.

Mom- Sounds like your Utah adventure was a ton of fun and I'm sad I couldn't be there with you to enjoy the "Hobo Zoo". You have no idea how funny I thought that was! I'm glad you all had a great time and had fun hanging with the Buntings! I can't believe cross-country is starting up again! It seems like a few days ago you
just got finished with track! Super Momma is what they need to call you instead of Coach Lacey! And please... Did they do the last Harry Potter good???

Fratello e Sorelle- In about 22 months I challenge you to "Just Dance". By the time I come home though they might have some kind of virtual world you go into to play, and plus you get 2 years worth of practicing while I'm not allowed to practice my awesome dance moves, you know, with being a representative of Jesus Christ and all. I think I'd stand out in a bad way haha! I miss you all! And please... Drink. My. Hot. Kool-Aid! ;) Morgan, I'm glad camp was a great experience! Keep working hard and envision that goal in your mind about going to BYU. I'm a strong believer that you become what you think about all the time. This season, give it your all. I love the quote, "Whatever you do in life, do your best, and finish every race you enter" because "When everything says you can't, believe in the part of you who says you can." :)

Well, about my week, it was actually fairly slow compared to others!

It started out a bit rough because I let stress smack me in the face. Sorella Smith suggested that I go to Preach My Gospel and look for answers. I was reading in the first chapter of "A Successful Missionary", and she pointed out that nowhere in there does it say how good you are at the language... As long as you try your very best and dedicate yourself to the Lord, He will do the rest! Simple as that. I have finally grasped that concept now and as I've been focusing on doing the best I can do, I've notice the language coming along much better.

I've been memorizing like crazy! I'll do a list of everything I've memorized in Italian so far which is everything we've been asked to know before we leave the MTC: My purpose as a missionary, James 1:5, the First Vision, Doctrine & Covenants 4 (that was tough), the baptism invitation, and the baptismal prayer. I'm working on Moroni 10:5-6 and Alma 32:21 now since I use them all the time when I teach.

The new Anziani and Sorelle going to Italy have finished their first week so far! They are awesome and we have a ton of fun together. I'll be sure to send you pictures!

On Monday we taught an Italian lady named Lucia, and it was the best lesson I've ever taught! It was on the Plan of Salvation and we even included the Word of Wisdom (since it was the scenario) and you could really feel the Spirit. I now go each day with speaking very little English. It's my goal to go 100% Italian every day for these last few weeks, and I'm getting there! I feel I've learned so much. We got another new "investigator" named Anna Frasca, and we also taught her the Plan of Salvation. We also taught her how to pray and got her to say the closing prayer in the lesson. I know these situations aren't real, but the Spirit that you feel in them is real. I have realized that I feel the Spirit the most when I, 1. Teach, and 2. When I sing. I LOVE singing in Italian. My favorite Hymn (Inno) is an Italian Hymn called "Mandate Voci di Gioia all'Eterno." It is based off Psalms 100, and it has the most beautiful sound and It invited the Spirit like no other. I can't wait to sing it to you when I get back!

It's amazing to have the feeling of being able to recognize the Spirit more and more as I grow in the Gospel. This Church is so true. There is no denying it! Being able to bare your testimony everyday, several times a day, makes it super easy to know for a fact that these things are true.

amo voi con tutto mi cuore! (I love you all with all my heart!). I pray for your safety and well-being everyday, and I look forward to speaking to you at the airport soon! Ciao, ciao!

Con l'Amore,

-Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment