Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Last email from the MTC!!

Dear Family,

Ciao! Come state??

Sounds like everyone is doing good! Girls, have fun and work hard at cross-country camp! The work and time you put in now will show and pay up throughout this awesome season! And it doesn't hurt to seek for a little divine help for your Father in Heaven too! I've learned here that I can't do anything really without the uplifting power of prayer. If you pray and ask Padre Celeste for strength as you train, he'll either give it to you, or give you better. Heather and Greg, have fun playing Just Dance or whatever you're up to. :)

Dad- I'm glad work is going good! I look forward to visiting your new school after my mission and seeing you in action as the big man on campus! I haven't received the shoes yet so hopefully today.

I mailed a copy of my flight plans to you in the card I sent Greg, so hopefully you'll be getting that soon. I leave the MTC at about 8 in the morning and then at 11-ish I'll fly to Chicago. I'll have about a two hour lay over there, so I'll call you all then probably (I'm so excited to talk to you all! In only Italian of course! JK). From there I have the long flight across the little pond we call the Atlantic, and I'll land in London. From there I'll fly to Rome and I'll get there at about 12:45 on August 10th. AHHH I can't wait! I haven't done the math to see how long the flights are because I think I'm too scared to! Long flights!

Things are going good though! I am truly going to miss the MTC, but I can't wait to get into the field. Only 6 days left! That's no time at all. Not going to lie, I'm a little nervous, but more of for my ability with the language. It's improved, of course, but I'm still a little nervous.

Oh, I forgot to mention this in my past emails... And Dad, don't think less of me (just kiddin), but I'm in love with CALCIO! (Soccer). I've been playing it everyday for gym, and I love it! I can't wait to but an Italian jersey, GLI AZZURI! Which is the nickname for Italy's soccer team. We always play against the Russians, and it's a pretty fierce competition! When we got on the field they really don't like Italians and we really don't like Russians! They give Russian commands and we yell instructions in Italian like, "AVANTI! (Forward!). But it's all good, we're friends! :)

There really hasn't been anything too significant that has happened this week unfortunately. It's mostly just filled with study, study, study.

I guess I can move onto spiritual stuff! That's the best part! Yesterday I had the opportunity to teach my progressive investigator named Anna Frasca. She hasn't really progressed to much, but I figured it was because me and my companion weren't pretending like it was a real thing. So I decided to do something different and pretend it was real. It made all the difference. I honestly know what it feels like to have the Spirit work through you to touch an investigator's heart. I can't wait until it's real! I've never felt so overpowered by the Spirit before. All I had to do was open my mouth, and the Spirit did the rest it seemed like. And I'm not over exaggerating! The Brethren have testified that if we treat the scenarios like the real thing we will be blessed to know what it really feels like, and I honestly got that confirmation. The Church is true, no question!

Eventually I extended the invitation to be baptized, and she wants to, but she wants to read the Book of Mormon first to know for sure.

Well, that's about it in the life of Anziano Lacey! Things are great, and I'm just trying to finish out these last few days strong. I know I can be even more ready as far as the language and teaching is concerned. I think I'll have another p-day on Monday where I could possibly write you all back, but if not, I'll call you at the airports!

I love you Dad, I Love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you (birthday boy) Greg. Take care you guys! I love you with all my heart, and I can't wait to hear your voices in less than a week! Take care!

Love,

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment