Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mamma Mia! Fa caldo!

Buongiorno!!!

Hey guys! I am so glad that everyone is dong well. Things have been great this week but I'm a little sad because I feel like I'll be heading out of Sassari here soon, and most likely Sardegna. I'll try not to think about it too much though and keep working as if nothing will change! 

Saturday was probably the highlight of the week. We did some good old fruit picking for some members, and then they fattened me up with three pieces of thick lasagna. We had a nice lesson with Adhemar, but unfortunately he really doesn't feel ready for baptism. Now we just have to wait until he feels ready, and until his faith grows. He is definitely nurturing that "seed" that Alma speaks about in chapter 32 of the Book of Mormon, but he hasn't yet recognized the answers to his prayers. He is doing well though!

After that lesson we went to church and helped set up for an activity. We had such a blast with the members, and there was such a good turn out! For our missionary end we had two former investigators, a guy from English course, Adhemar and two of his kids, and Margherita and her brother. It was a miracle that two of the four of Adhemar's kids came! He brought the two youngest, Alessia-4 and Josè-9. The members welcomed them and they had fun playing with all of the other children. We played soccer, had a barbecue, owned in ping-pong, and played some Foosball. Overall a fantastic night!

Alejandro, the twelve year old brother of Margherita also had a great time. He liked it so much that he came to church the next day! He looked like such a stud in a shirt and tie, and I could tell he enjoyed sacrament meeting as he was singing with all his might! I love that kid a lot, and he and his cousin Josè look at me like an older brother they never had. It makes me really miss Greg! Alejandro now has interest in the Gospel which is great because we need another deacon to pass the sacrament! Unfortunately their mother hasn't come to church yet, but we have all the kids there! 

We had a surprise from the Cagliari Anziani and they came to do splits with us. I went out with the new, Anziano Anderson from Salt Lake who is our zone leader. We did a lot of finding work, and then at the end of the day we headed home and I made those cupcakes you guys sent to me. The only thing was I didn't use them for my birthday, but for Margherita's which was that day. All four of us showed up and we did a little missionary style birthday party. She was so thankful and happy. Her mom had to work all day, and Margherita had to take her last exam for finishing off the school year, so the day wasn't extremely special for her at first until we arrived. I ordered her a Bible to go along with her new Book of Mormon, and she loved the gift (even though a Bible probably isn't the number one thing on a fourteen year old girl's list). We left with a spiritual thought, and by that time her mom came home and was also very grateful to us. 

This is the sum up of the week! Things are going great, and we love to see the progress our investigators are making. Like I said it is getting extremely hot here, and the humidity doesn't help at all. This is making it rather difficult to meet with people, because they literally shut down and refuse to go outside when it is too hot, or spend all day at the beach. Nearly every person in Sassari leaves and goes to the beach, has a house close to the beach, or something of that genre. 

I love you all so much! I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Have a great week and continue to stay safe! Vi voglio tanto bene! Abbiate un bell'estate! 

A presto, 

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment