Friday, June 22, 2012

Due nuovi simpatizzanti!

Cara famiglia,

Buongiorno! Thanks so much for the emails and I'm glad everyone is
well! Things are going great as usual here in Italy. Summer is
definitely here and it's hitting us hard with some humidity. I went
ahead and bought a few new white shirts with short sleeves because the
heat is killing me! Probably the only thing that doesn't please me
about our apartment is the fact that there is no cooling system. In
Olbia we had a really nice air-conditioner but here in Sassari we
leave the whole house wide open and mosquitoes (zanzare in
italianio... yes they even sound evil in this language) eat me alive!
My friends who serve missions in third world countries are going to
make fun of me for sure when we share mission stories!

We've been blessed to be led to find two new investigators recently.
One was a man I found with Anziano Ferrero on our split. His name is
Tiziano and he is a stud! He has been through a lot in his life and he
is ready to turn his life back to Christ. We met with him last week
and then we did a lesson with him last night on the Restoration. He
told us that he really wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true so
he will begin reading it from start to finish. I've got a lot of hope
in him!

Yesterday we were searching for people in this beautiful park we found
and there was this father playing with his little daughter. We went
and talked to them and he was really interested in our message. We
even did a whole lesson with him there in the park with a prayer and
everything. His name is Marcello and he is awesome. Things are rough
with him and his family right now because of the economy, but he is
working his hardest for his family. He has a wife and another little
daughter so we have a whole family potential! We actually just saw him
randomly today at the library a few minutes ago!

Church was awesome! Adhemar came and he brought Margherita so she
came to church for the first time! She loved it and the members were
so welcoming to her. Sunday was a little crazy for me though because I
taught Gospel Principles class to our four investigators that came to
church. We talked about temples and it really made me miss the temple.
That's going to be one of the first things I want to do when I come
home is go to the temple. On Saturday night we got a call and nearly
everyone who was supposed to give talks in sacrament meeting was sick
or wasn't coming to church for some reason, so they asked me to give a
talk for about 5-7 minutes. The only two speakers were a sister who
prepared a 5 minute talk, and me. After the Intermediate song I gave
my talk and I prolonged it for a good half an hour to fill the time.
The members liked it and an older member who snores during meetings
said that he didn't get bored, haha. To top it off at the end we went
down to Olbia and had a district meeting where I was assigned to give
the training. Phew, I was tired! The mission is really helping me to
improve my teaching because it needs a lot of work!

On our splits in Olbia I had the chance to see lots of familiar faces,
including this one less active family that I love so much. They are
making great progress to coming back home, and the best part was when
the little kids noticed I was there. They were outside playing and
they came in with their cute little voices screamed"ANZIANO LACEY!"
and came and hugged me. I felt so loved at that moment! A lot of
missionaries joke around with me and say that I don't know anyone (as
in missionaries) in the mission and that nobody knows me, but I don't
care because that little image I left behind at least for that family
and the Mazzone family is the best legacy I could have left in that
city. I am blessed to have served so close to come back and recognize
it.

We were thinking about ending English course for the summer because
there wasn't very many people coming and then last night it just blew
up! I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to run two
classes, one for beginners learning the verb conjugations, and one for
intermediate going over the past participle of irregular verbs. We
have decided to redo the publicity and run a summer course for those
who want a little extra help before the new school year begins.

Well that's the sum up for the week! Things are going great and
investigators are progressing well. We are working, but there's lots
of room to improve. I love you all so much! I love you Dad, I love you
Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I
love you Greg. Grazie per il vostro esempio per me! Siete grandi! Vi
voglio una galassia di bene!

Con affetto,

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment