Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sono un Babbo!

Buongiorno tutti!

Hey guys! I'm excited to let you know that I am TRAINING! I couldn't be more excited, and I am so grateful for this chance to serve with a new missionary. I have some really exciting news too. I actually have the rare opportunity to go up to Rome and get him! Actually, I'm getting about four greenies and another sister and bringing some down to Sicily, and dropping one off in Catanzaro. So tonight we go to Catania, take an all night bus with five other missionaries to Rome, we'll get there at about six o'clock in the morning, and then we'll meet at the mission home at about seven. There I'll meet my greenie, get other people on their buses, and then take my travel group to the train station where we'll take the train back down to Catania. Basically I'll be traveling for about twenty-four hours straight, but I'm not complaining! I think it will be fun! Anziano Luke made me laugh when he told me about when they ran the plan past President. President said, "Ew, I wouldn't want to make Anziano Lacey do that! That's rough!". Anziano Luke replied and said, "It's okay, he would want to do it!" So I have a fun (little) trip to Rome and back within a day or so. I'm excited for the opportunity to help these new missionaries.

Since today will be a little crazy I don't have a ton of time to write, so I'll be quick:

Wednesday night we played some soccer with some members and English course students. One English course student who is twenty years old is interested in the Gospel, and he actually became a new investigator this week after a lesson we did with him and another member who is about to leave on his mission. Other than that, work has been a little slow with a few lessons here and there with other investigators because transfer weeks are like that. I really do look forward to how things will roll next transfer though. I think we will be very busy, which is a good thing!

We did the 'mostra' proselyting technique again on Sunday night and it went well. We had four members show up to actually help with the work and a lot more that came to say 'ciao' at the end like last time which was nice. I love the members here so much. We have really been pushing hard to invite everyone, English course students, investigators, random people on the street, etc. to come to General Conference. I am so excited and I've been preparing to hear it for weeks now! The mission has really changed my attitude on how I prepare, watch, and put into practice the things I learn in General Conference. What a blessing it is!

Sorella Hicks in my district and who was in my zone back in Sardegna is finishing her mission so we all had a fun lunch together in church after district meeting and I prepared a little training just for her talking about life. She has been a huge example to me of being diligent all the way to the end. Yes, she's tired because she has worked her hardest, and she keeps on seeking improvement to the end.

I can't believe I haven't told you all about Mattia! There is a member family with which we are very close to, and they have a little two year old boy named Mattia who is my best friend! He only knows my name and screams. "Anthiano Lashy!" He is so cute and yesterday we ate lunch with them and his mother told me he waited at the door for more than an hour until we arrived. I'll send you some pics but he's pretty much the cutest kid alive!

That's about it for the week. I'm sorry it's a bit of a short email and not very detailed, but I'll let you know how my little voyage goes! I love you all so much! Thank you for all you do! I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Have a great and a safe week! Vi voglio una galassia di bene!

Con amore,

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment