Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sempre a Sassari!‏

Dear Family!
Mediterranean Snowman!
 

Service Project - cleaning up after a fire at someone's home - Good thing he got experience working for the Smithson's at Service Master
MTC friends reunited at conference in Rome
We got the transfer calls and we're doing another transfer together here in Sassari! I have a feeling I'm going to be here forever, but that's okay! The craziest part is that Anziano Vitali is being transferred to the same city he was in before Olbia! Lecce, the city he was born at! That's pretty much unheard of! He is way excited though. Right now I'm tied for 'king of the island' with Anziano Shaw down in Oristano because we've been here for the same amount of time. I think I might hit my year mark in Sassari! We'll see because president's transfers are completely unpredictable! I'm still the youngest elder in Sardegna, but I got my first leadership position as district leader and taught my first training in Olbia.
This week has been absolutely fantastic. As far as numbers go it has been the best of my mission. We taught many lessons, found new investigators, and even had them in church. We've been extremely blessed and I do not know why. 

My testimony of the Book of Mormon has really grown these past couple of days. Studying it and noticing the simplicity of how pure it is has really hit me, especially as we are exhorting Adhemar to gain a testimony of it for himself. We've had a few very good lessons with him, and you can already see the change in his life. He reads the Book of Mormon everyday, and tries to share it with his family. He came to church for the first time on Sunday, and it was absolutely amazing. He actually passed up an invite to go to this lunch thing with the J.W. members and his family, and instead he came to church with us. Apparently they aren't too happy. In fact, we had a lesson with him yesterday, and a few J.W.'s showed up and did a study session with his daughter in her bedroom. It was a very awkward situation but Adhemar laughed when they went away and said that they were very jealous that we have began teaching him instead of them. He really hit it off well with our members and they were all very friendly with him. I'm excited to see how things go. 

Speaking of how well church went, we had another investigator show up, Maurizio, the 21 year old guy. It was amazing, he came, talked to president like he wanted, and then stayed for Sacrament Meeting. He was asking good questions, was very attentive, and loved hearing every one's testimonies. The most random thing happened though, he stood up to bare his testimony! It was an awesome, heartfelt testimony that he knows that God lives, and that he was "excited to be a part of this new community"- talking about our branch. We talked to president after, and he said that even if nothing happens with him as far as him progressing in the gospel, we really saw a miracle that day. The members were so nice to him and he says he's going to start frequenting our church! 

I think we might start getting a ton of referrals now because the members love us. They joked with us that missionaries usually bring people to church that are a little strange, but to have two, absolutely awesome people in church was a huge accomplishment. I'm sure we'll have much better missionary member work now. 

We also picked up an ex-investigator Sunday night. His name is Enoch, and he is from Africa! He used to have a fixed baptismal date a few months ago, but then he wasn't progressing and didn't come to church so nothing happened. He expressed to us that he is ready to begin again, and he said that he's been reading the Book of Mormon- which is great! We have really been blessed with solid investigators.

Oh, I had the opportunity to do an unusual thing on my mission. We got a call from a less-active member that he had a service opportunity for us. It turns out that this service opportunity was to cut his hair. Kind of weird... but hey, we'll do it. We got to his house, and I noticed that his hair was already fairly short. He filled a bucket of water and then grabbed a razor and shaving cream. That's when I realized that he wanted us to shave him bald! Well, I had never used a razor in my life (because I use an electric one) so I thought I was going to luck out on it. My companion didn't feel comfortable doing it, so it fell on me to begin rubbing shaving cream on his head, and shaving him bald. It was... fun... I guess, and the member was very thankful and said that I did well. I'm just glad that there was no blood! 

When we went to Olbia on Monday I got to see the Tache family, and they are doing well! He is determined that I will baptize him and Anziano Vitali will baptize Iona when they are able, no matter where we are in the mission! Ignazio is doing so good and they are preparing to go to the temple in due time. 

That's the update! Things are going so well. I just hate how quick the mission is going by. I miss you guys and I can't wait to see you all, but sometimes I feel like two years isn't enough time. That's why I got to use it more wisely!!! I love you all so much. I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Have a great week! You all are awesome! Vi voglio benissimo! Alla prossima!

Con affetto, 

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment