Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Un'altro battesimo... ma ad Olbia!

Hey guys!
I am still loving Rome so much and I feel so lucky to be able to serve here. I want to start out with some amazing news:

September, 2011- Olbia, Sardinia, Italy
I called the Anziani from Olbia yesterday and they confirmed that Iona (Nina) Frimu, the lady that I taught back in Olbia and found on that Island, was baptized February 23rd! I was so happy and excited so I got her number from them and called her yesterday to congratulate and greet her. She is doing so well and it made me so happy to have the opportunity to speak with her. She was very content to hear from me and the Olbia Anziani said that she still talks about me and Anziano Vitali in all of her lessons and testimonies. It was very powerful to feel the love that she has towards us and I'm so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to help her out in her life. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and she bore it to me on the phone.
October, 2011 - Olbia, Sardinia, Italy

It was so cute: She told me how she had an interview with the branch president and he gave her a calling but she can't say anything yet because it's a secret! Man, I wish I could have been there at the baptism but I'm hoping the Olbia guys will send me the pictures here soon! What a miracle though, right? The Lord truly has His hand in this work.

Things are going well here in Rome. This week we have done a lot of finding and we had great splits with the zone leaders. Giovanni is progressing well and he loves the church. Him getting baptized is actually something really hard at this moment in his life. It looks like he is losing his girlfriend and his job (because his girlfriend's parents are his bosses) because they are so against the church. He is strong and is confident in the decision he is making.

I don't remember if I mentioned it but I have kind of started learning Spanish since there are so many South Americans here in Rome. I love them so much and I told them to speak to me only in Spanish and I bought a dictionary to help me out. We had a meal appointment with our investigator Mauro and his companion who is a member is from Ecuador and she cooked some amazing food! I love South American food!

Seeing the sites here in Rome is fantastic and last week after writing you guys we saw the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon (which has to be one of my favorite places here in Rome), and today we will do some more exploring. My little detailed tourist book of Rome is marvelous and we'll see where it will take us today. I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning each day we get to see a monument or historical site.
I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support. It means so much to me. I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you soon! A presto!
Un'abbraccio forte forte!
Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment