Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trasferito finalmente a Roma!

Buondì!

I am finally going to Rome!!! 

I am so excited and content for this new stage in my mission that will be my last area in the mission. I feel very lucky and blessed to have hit the island regions of Italy and now I can do the last stretch in the 'Eternal City' that used to be the capitol of the world. I can't imagine how it is going to be working in a place with such apparent majestic history that will be absolutely breathtaking! My ward is the Roma 1 ward that consists of the western part of Rome where the Vatican City is located. Sorella Spicq who is here in my district served there and she has had fun showing me pictures and telling me stories about how beautiful a spot we have. How exciting!

I am super lucky and I get to take the night bus yet again tonight. We take off today at 4:00 to go to Catania and then at 7:30 I'll hop on the night bus with other missionaries as we endure the sleepless night! I'm joking, but I'm sure we'll meet some 

This has been a great week full of depressing goodbyes. I thought the mission was going to cure me of this weakness, but saying goodbye to people is still the most frightening and hard thing for me to do! 

On Friday night we celebrated Federica's baptism by going out to a fancy pizzeria and eating some great pizzas (I wish I kept track of how many pizzas I have eaten since being in Italy). She was confirmed on Sunday and she is doing so great. It was hard to say goodbye to her and she wrote me a very touching letter. 

On Sunday it was tough saying goodbye to the members! Since it was fast Sunday I bore my testimony and got a little emotional.. imagine that! We have had meal appointments for both lunch and dinner these past few days so I am stuffing my face with great Sicilian food before I take off! Graziano, a guy from English course, prepared a little dinner in his motor home that was a lot of fun!

I'm sorry that this email is so short but I have to get ready to go! Transfer days are crazy but I'll let you know as soon as possible how things go in Rome! Maybe I'll write a little something tomorrow since my p-day has been cut short. I love you all so much! I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg! Have a great week! 

Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment