Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Carissima Famiglia Mia!!!

Cara famiglia, 
Piazza del Duomo in Siracusa
World War II Bomb Shelter


Ciao tutti! Hey guys! It sounds like things are great with everyone and I am so glad! That is so awesome that Morgan got to meet Elder Holland and President Uchtdorf. I am so jealous, but happy for you! I am watching his talk he gave on lds.org and it is amazing. He tells it how it is: "You NEVER check your religion at the door!" Boom! He is the man. I love reading and watching the CES firesides. I am doing so good here and I feel like I've been learning a lot. That is one of the best parts about the mission is just having the opportunity to learn, grow, and grow closer to the Lord. It has been a great week so I'll tell you all about it!
On Thursday I did a split with Anziano Hansen that went very well. Our time was filled mostly with appointments and they have a few investigators that are making some great progress. For example we taught the Restoration to a twelve year old boy who has a baptismal date, and also his mother who was just invited to be baptized and know has a date. We saw a few other contacts and I learned a lot from Anziano Hansen who is a stud!
The work is moving along in Siracusa. We still are spending most of our time with finding, but we have two investigators that are making some pretty good progress, the only problem being that we cannot meet with them more than once a week usually. Unfortunately we have also lost some investigators that weren't interested anymore, which is always a bummer, but there are always new people to find and help.
We had a lot of fun on Saturday. Usually I try to avoid activities that would take up whole days, but thanks to one of these kinds of ward activities we met Ignazio Mazzone who got baptized back in Olbia. Therefore when our ward had this activity planned to go up into the mountains to a park with rope courses and ziplines I obviously was excited and didn't refuse the invite. Our members are good at inviting friends to activities.
As we were leaving in the morning, the car we happened to be in broke down about halfway down the road which was a ton of fun, and then someone else came along to get us. There were a lot of people there and they were so excited that we came. We even made a great friendship with a less-active mother who is against the church and doesn't want her daughter and son who are well past baptizing age to join the church. Hopefully this little friendship will spark a miracles for their family to begin the healing process and have a new start. In the end, I love zip-lines! Too much fun!
I am glad for a little assignment I was given to teach the young men for the next few weeks. There is a young man here who is twenty and has his mission call to England and is just awesome. He always wants to go out and do splits with us. Anyways, his younger brother who is eighteen doesn't want to serve a mission, so we want to kind of inspire him a bit, but it's tough because their dad is less-active and of little support.
We have been doing a lot of publicity for our English course and have restarted it. We have some great students and I am really excited because I'm sure we are going to have a lot of fun together. We'll see if we can organize some soccer games here in a bit! Another one of my favorite things here in Siracusa is the Family Home Evening that the ward puts on every Tuesday night. It is a great way to have investigators make friendships with the members.
That's about it for the events of this week! Things are going good, and we are really working hard. We're expecting miracles and we are sure to see the fruits of our labors here soon. The beautiful thing is that you don't always realize how much you benefit an area until you leave it or hear about it later. For example, in Trapani another investigator I found and taught with Simonetta has a baptismal date. In Olbia, a referral from the Tache family was just baptized, and Nina moved to France or something where she can finally get baptized. It's cool to see how things work and how it's all the Lord's work, and we are just instruments in His hands.
I love you all so much! I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Have a great week! I love and miss you all so much! Christmas is coming up here soon it feels like where we can Skype again! Can't wait! Vi voglio tanto tanto bene!
Un abbraccio grande!
Anziano Clay Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment