Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Transferred!!

Hey guys!

I'm glad Alessio told you but yes, I'm moving all the way to Sassari! I thought it was a joke at first but nope! Not going to lie, at first I was a little discouraged because of how close it is and I was looking forward to an experience completely new and different, but now I'm really excited for it. We'll see how things go with my new companion. It will be Anziano Hill, he's nice, and a real jokester.
Baptism of Fratello Mazzone (left) by Fratello Murgia 1/21/12
The baptism went great! There was such a strong Spirit there. The man who baptized him, Fratello Murgia, who baptized Ignazio (who also will be my ward mission leader in Sassari) really brought the Spirit when he baptized Ignazio. It was also really touching to hear him and his wife bear testimony at the end of the service. I am so glad I was able to stay in Olbia for four transfers to see that! He used the words "embracing" the gospel and the scriptures and talked about how much this has helped him be closer to his wife, and then he started crying and talked about how much closer he is with his daughter. He also personally thanked us as missionaries for teaching him. On Sunday I was scarred to death to give him the blessing and President decided that since I was to give him the Holy Ghost that it would be a good idea to give me a speaking assignment for twenty minutes on that topic one day in advance! I was nervous. The blessing went good though. It wasn't perfect Italian, but It was just what Ignazio needed and I really felt the Spirit working through me. 
Mazzone Famiglia with Fratello Murgia
Preparing the baptismal font
Well I don't have a lot of time, things are really tight because of these transfers. I will write back in more detail as soon as I can. I love you all so much! I miss you all tons. I Love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, I love you Greg. Take care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment