Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2nd Letter from MTC!

Anziano Lacey (right) with MTC companion and roommates

Anziano Lacey with roommate Anziano Barker

Anziano Lacey with MTC companion Anziano Decker

Anziano Lacey and District




Hey guys!

Thank you so much for the amazing letters and the package. I loved reading about how you all are doing, and I'm a little jealous of the water balloon fight! I have very limited time to write, but when I'm in the field I will personally write everyone back. So for now I'll just do a general thing.

Things are still great! It's hard to believe it's been two weeks, but then again sometimes it feels like I've been here forever and that this is all I know how to do. I'm worried that I'm a little too green to be saying that already! But it never gets old and waking up every morning and putting on that name-tag makes me feel so energized and excited, more than any energy drink could. There's nothing like the feeling of being a missionary. The happiness you get from it is addicting, and I'm not even out in the field converting yet which is where the real happiness comes from! I can't wait!

Just to answer a few questions, yes, I would love for you to start a blog! That would be amazing. I will be sending a few pictures today so you can choose a few to scan and put on or whatever you want. As far as the plaque goes, I don't really care. I'll take some more pictures this week by myself and then send them to you on Wednesday and you can see what you like best. It would be cool to have a picture of me wearing my awesome "ANZIANO LACEY" badge with "GESU CRISTO" right below my name! The food here... wow... where do I start... Two days ago I had the worst stomach ache ever and even went to see the nurse. She gave me some pills and I've been clogged up since then. Hopefully I will need to go to the bathroom soon, and when I do, it will be glorious. So basically, the food is pretty nasty. Occasionally I'll get a good meal; one that doesn't try to kill me. I just pretend I'm eating the food I'll be eating in a few months!

Sisters, and Greg, I'm glad you are all doing good! Reading your own hand writing was fantastic! I'm happy for you all that you're finally out of school! Exciting stuff! Morgan and Brooke, have fun with Nauvoo! You're going to have such a wonderful experience! Sunday night I watched "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" and I felt the Spirit so strongly as I gained a stronger testimony of the message I will be sharing with the Italians. You're going to have so much fun, and make sure you make the most of it. Soak it all in and write down all your impressions. Heather and Greg, have fun at Grandma and Grandpa's! I'm excited for you two to have the chance to spend time with them in beautiful Indiana. By the way, so many of my missionary friends check out my photo album to get a glimpse of the Lacey sisters! And about 5 of them are serious about Morgan and/or Brooke writing them! I'll send pictures today so you can see who these guys are. And Heather, sorry, you're too young, cause if they mentioned writing you, I'd have to kill them.

I had a quick question: Dad, just a reminder, could you cancel my Xbox Live account? I would hate to be charged for 24 months! Thanks!

Mom and Dad, thanks so much for the jerky and blueberries! I had to hide them from my roommates because they wanted to eat them so bad! And thank you for the Dear Elder letters. Your encouraging words mean so much to me! I'm happy you both are off and get to enjoy a nice vacation now!

Well I guess you want to here about my experiences:

It has been an awesome week! There has been some ups and downs, but mostly ups! I could vent about negative things, but I've learned that there's no point and to just forget about it.

Nothing too exciting happened this week, but there has been a few things that have really stood out. A few days ago Anziano Barker asked me to give him a blessing of comfort, and it was a huge testimony builder as I simply opened my mouth and the Spirit filled my words. I can't wait until I can start doing that in Italian!

During sacrament meeting on Sunday the handicap Elders who are serving their missions in the MTC joined us Italians. I decided to sit with them and it was a wonderful opportunity to converse with them and feel their special spirits. I see these Elders around campus and I consider them my close friends. After the meeting President Johnson (my Branch President) came up to me, shook my hand, and said, "Anziano Lacey, you are doing a good job. I can see it in your face." Those simple words meant so much to me, especially since that's what I'm striving for in being a representative of Jesus Christ.

As far as the language goes, it's getting better, but it's still tough! I've learned not to get discouraged when other people are advancing faster, and that I'll learn it in my own due time if I keep working hard and be obedient. I can now teach the first lesson in Italian! It's not very good, but it's getting there!

On Sunday night's devotional we sang a revised version of "Called to Serve" that sounded like Helaman's 2,000 Stripling Warriors marching into battle. It wasn't Helaman leading us, but as we were singing it was President Brown's 2,000 Stripling Warriors marching into battle across the nations. I don't think I've ever felt the spirit so strong when singing!

Well, I love you all! I pray for you every time I get down on my knees, and I miss you tons. I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you Morgan, I love you Brooke, I love you Heather, and I love you Greg. Send grandma, grandpa's, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends my love! Be safe, and take care. God be with you!

A Presto,

Anziano Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment